SOS Self-care Formula #4: Develop Healthy Boundaries
Many people, especially those who are highly sensitive or empathic, want to learn how to develop healthy boundaries because they are so open to thoughts and energies coming from other people. Sometimes those thoughts get attached in their minds and spin around, causing a great deal of discomfort.
If the pathways remain open, all kinds of trouble (karma, issues, illness or confusion) can pass back and forth between people without their awareness. If left unchecked, this type of attachment can eventually manifest in negativity, sudden and mysterious illnesses, mental confusion, issues with prosperity or chronic states of overwhelm.
It’s a valuable skill to know how to shift your energy.
Self-care Formula #4 from SOS – Soul Oriented Solutions uses affirmations and the Intuitive Learning Circles™ to help you learn to consciously close off the pathways to busy or negative thoughts and shift into a more positive mindset. If that’s something you’d like to do, welcome to Develop Healthy Boundaries and Quiet a Busy Mind!
Use Develop Healthy Boundaries when you are:
~ Agitated or feeling out of sync
~ Distressed by recent news
~ Getting negative or anticipating hardship
~ Feeling claustrophobic ~ Unable to meditate or sit still
~ Obsessed with a particular person or situation.
How it works: Find a quiet place if possible, where you won’t be disturbed for about twenty minutes. Follow the sequence of symbols while you read their accompanying instructions. Gaze gently at each Circle for about two minutes. A longer or shorter time may be necessary.
Mind Body Integration
Let yourself breathe and relax as much as possible. Don’t worry if the images move around or change in any way. That just means the Circles are working and that your mind and body are relaxing.
Be sure to go through the entire formula and at the end, give yourself time to rest and integrate. Developing a quiet mind and light heart changes your perspective and that makes it easier to accomplish your goals.
1. Begin by consciously breathing in on the count of three and slowly exhaling on the count of five. It’s helpful if you can breathe in through your nose.
Do that three or four times while you gently focus on this Circle.
Continue breathing and bring your awareness to your tailbone.
Balance – What do you need to get in balance about?
2. Keep breathing with your belly soft and relaxed.
Let your shoulders drop.
Gaze softly at the Circle and imagine you can turn down the feelings or thoughts that are turned up too high, just like the volume on a radio dial.
Calm – What are some thoughts that relax you?
3. See if you can collect any noisy thoughts or distractions into the center of the Circle. You may sense something like a web or a bunch of strings that have gotten all tangled up with each other or you may get a sense of an open, gaping hole. Whatever it is, bring it all into the center.
Gathering – Are there any distractions to let go of?
4. Now that you have all the distractions gathered up, let the next Circle help you close that gaping hole or any other open pathways between you and all those noisy thoughts.
Keep closing the hole until all pathways are completely sealed and healed.
Protection – Is there anything you need to say goodbye to?
5. Now you’re ready to shift your attention. Breathe in and exhale. Beauty is everywhere. Consciously turn your attention to it.
Take your time and let the Circle help you call the most majestic, inspiring scene into your mind that you can imagine. Form a mental picture of what it’s like. Imagine the sounds and how it would feel to be there.
Beauty – What is a beautiful place you remember or would like to go to?
6. Come back to your breathing again and notice how calming it is.
You can sense the steady rhythm of your heart.
The gentle expansion and contraction of your lungs.
Breathing in and letting go. Learning to trust.
Trust – What do you trust? Could anything be done to increase your sense of trust?
7. Give yourself permission to slow down and turn your attention to what really matters to you. Can you name what’s most important?
Let the Circle help you lift any pressure you may feel right up off of you.
Without all that pressure, it’s easier to know what your true priorities are.
Intention – What’s important to you now?
8. Gather your resources and get present in your body. Put your feet on the ground and feel your connection with the Earth.
If you like, you can stretch or move around in any way that feels good.
Flexing your fingers and toes can really help you become more aware.
Presence – What do you feel in your body?
9. Imagine with each new, relaxing breath you are able to fill your heart with compassion and understanding for yourself.
Let any heaviness you feel lift up and out of you.
Dark clouds are dissolving into blue skies and sunlight. Your mind is clear.
Surrender – What is something you can do that expresses love?
10. Before you finish this formula, make a commitment to stay centered and follow through on your priorities. Your health and happiness are important.
You can easily deflect other people’s thoughts or expectations.
It’s genuinely joyful to have a quiet mind and a light heart.
Resolution – What other joyful decisions can you make?
11. Use the Circle to help you finish closing any remaining pathways that would lead you back to the noise and distractions of the external world.
Close the doors and seal the leaks – as if they were never there.
You are calm. Your mind is able to rest now.
Completion – How do you feel now?
Congratulations! You’ve learned the Intuitive Learning Circle™ way to develop healthy boundaries. Having a quiet mind and light heart changes your perspective and that makes it easier to accomplish your goals.
Be sure to give yourself time to rest and integrate.
For More Help Navigating the Flow – Check Out Todays Intuitive Reading >
How to Develop Healthy Boundaries is Formula #4 in the full edition of this self-care journal available through Soul Resources LLC – only $19.95 plus shipping
Specialized Energy Clearing with the Author of SOS
If you feel that Develop Healthy Boundaries has helped, but hasn’t addressed all of your needs, Rheanni Lightwater, BFA, CHT, CKP is an expert in the art and science of mind body healing. She has 19+ years experience in energy medicine and environmental energy clearing. if you still feel exposed, lost, or overwhelmed, she is available for Online Sessions or in person when you visit Santa Fe.
Ms. Lightwater’s mission is to assist people in creating vibrant health, happiness and prosperity. Contact her at 505-271-4612 or email:
This self-care formula should not be considered as an exclusive method of treatment. The appropriate medical or psychotherapeutic authorities should be consulted for the diagnosis and treatment for any medical or psychological condition. The information and practices described on this website are best considered as an adjunct to orthodox medical or psychological treatments.